FULL TIME – HYBRID
Role in Brief
Opportunik Advisory Ltd seeks a Wealth Manager responsible for offering financial advice and services that will assist clients in their financial endeavors. The manager will be responsible for the creation and implementation of tailored investment strategies, providing financial guidance, and ensuring that client portfolios align with their clients’ objective, risk tolerance and regulatory compliance.
The responsibilities of the Wealth Manager include relationship management, Asset management, account management, and conducting market research on financial investments. They will assist Opportunik in achieving its mandate of unlocking prosperity for Africans through alternative investments.
About Opportunik Global Fund & Advisory
Opportunik Global Fund is a Cayman Islands licensed and Mauritius Administered fund management company, with a mission to unlock prosperity for Africans through alternative investments. Its Advisory affiliate (Opportunik Advisory) uses complex data, research and technical analyses to advise private clients (retail and institutions) on global asset classes with upside potential. It also receives and executes capital raise mandates across Africa.
Mode of Engagement
Full-time with a probation period of 6 months.
Primary Job Location
Hybrid, with a primary location in Lagos.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage investment portfolios for high-net-worth individuals and institutional clients.
- Drive business results and acquire new assets both from existing client base and new client acquisition.
- Conduct investment reviews with clients to validate the clients’ current investment objectives and prepare recommendations for appropriate investment products.
- Identify potential investment opportunities, existing securities, and portfolios.
- Manage portfolio risk by implementing appropriate risk management strategies.
- Maintain a deep understanding of market dynamics, economic indicators, and geopolitical events that could impact the portfolio.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients, providing regular updates on portfolio performance and market insights.
- Ensure all trading activities comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Generate regular reports for clients, detailing portfolio performance and compliance status.
- Stay informed about market trends and emerging investment opportunities.
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis to identify potential investment opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field (Master’s degree or CFA designation is a plus).
- Proven years of experience as a Wealth Manager or Portfolio Manager with a strong track record of managing high-net-worth client portfolios.
- In-depth knowledge of financial markets, investment strategies, and risk management.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong ethical and compliance orientation.
- Aptitude for decision-making and problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Sheets, financial software and other relevant software.
- Energy and drive.
Remuneration and Perks
- Competitive salary in line with industry benchmarks
- Work tools and relevant software
- Health insurance
- Housing allowance
- Communication allowance
- Work-from-home options
- Full pay during leave period
- Staff-only investment opportunities
- A high degree of autonomy & flexibility