Digital Assets Trader
FULL TIME – HYBRID
Role in Brief
Opportunik Advisory Ltd seeks a highly driven and experienced day trader to manage its trading desk. The trader must be experienced in the digital asset. The trader will buy and sell digital assets on the company’s behalf. The trader will be required to analyze economic trends, review trading models, assess risks, and then execute trades. They will assist Opportunik in achieving its mandate of unlocking prosperity for Africans through alternative investments.
About Opportunik Global Fund & Advisory
Opportunik Global Fund is a Cayman Islands licensed and Mauritius Administered fund management company, with a mission to unlock prosperity for Africans through alternative investments. Its Advisory affiliate (Opportunik Advisory) uses complex data, research and technical analyses to advise private clients (retail and institutions) on global asset classes with upside potential. It also receives and executes capital raise mandates across Africa.
Mode of Engagement
Full-time with a probation period of 6 months.
Primary Job Location
Flexible with remote working options.
Head of Trading Unit
Roles and Responsibilities
- Designing & implementing effective trading strategies.
- Designing & evaluating trading algorithms.
- Setting up trading platforms and apps.
- Buying and selling digital assets on behalf of the company.
- Working with analysts to improve trading strategies.
- Recording and reporting each month’s profit and loss.
- Regularly monitoring portfolios to ensure that they are compliant with predefined trading and risk management guidelines.
- Keeping abreast of rapid changes in financial markets.
- Taking such steps as may be necessary, incidental, ancillary or conducive to the protection of the company’s capital.
- Avoiding gross speculations and using sound technical analysis, research and fundamentals to make trading decisions.
Skills and Values
- At least 3 years in an active crypto trading role
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Accountability and fiduciary responsibility
Investment Objectives and Guidelines
- The sole objective of the trader is to use his expertise in digital currencies, DEFI and NFTs to grow the company’s portfolio and to make returns.
- All trades shall be done on the company’s registered platforms and apps.
- The trading portfolio will be subject to the company’s risk management process and will be overseen by its Risk Manager and Head of Trading Unit.
- The annual performance target of the portfolio is 50% or higher.
- The risk tolerance level is 20% per annum.
Remuneration and Perks
- Competitive salary in line with industry benchmarks
- Work tools and relevant software
- Health insurance
- Housing allowance
- Communication allowance
- Work-from-home options
- Full pay during leave period
- Staff-only investment opportunities
- A high degree of autonomy & flexibility